UPDATE - 27 MARCH 2020
Along with the rest of the events industry over the last few weeks, we have been following developments around the COVID-19 outbreak on a daily basis.
As such, we have come to the conclusion that it will not be possible to hold the 2020 Spitfire Scramble.
While we appreciate the event is still over three months away, the current uncertainty over the length of time any self-isolation or social distancing measures may remain in place has made it impossible to plan with any degree of confidence for this year’s event.
We are a small, family-run race and we want this event to survive, so in order to protect the Scramble’s long-term future we have decided the only course of action open to us at this stage is to make the call to cancel.
We will be updating the 2020 entry system to the 2021 event date of 17-18 July. To all 2020 entrants, if this date works for you, there is nothing you need to do.
If you would like a refund, you can email us at and we will action that for you from the entry system. Please note that refunds will be minus the service fee.
We’re a little bit heartbroken, a little bit deflated and it’s made just that touch more painful having received the exciting news last weekend that we were going to get the Spitfire flypast again this year.
We’ve taken this decision so that in the summer of 2021 we will all be back in Hornchurch Country Park, soaking up the sun, cheering each other on and listening out for the roar of that Spitfire engine.
Take care of your loved ones and stay as safe as you can.
Danny & family